PhD (CSE) Nirma University
Area Of Interest
Software Defined Networking, Internet of Things, Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks, Cloud Computing, Algorithms
-IIT VLAB Nodal Technical Coordinator (Institute Level)
-NBA Department Committee Member
-NBA Criteria-II Coordinator CE-Department
-Student Section Institute Level
-Committee member Data Science Centre of Excellence (CoE)
-Student Section CE-Department
-Student Section (MIS) Portal- Institute Level
-In-Charge of IoT Lab.
-Coordinator for Department Level Academic Inspection.
Refereed Journal Publications
- J. Bhatia, Jashvant R. Dave, M. Bhavsar, S. Tanwar, N, Kumar, SDN-enabled Adaptive Broadcast Timer for Data Dissemination in Vehicular Ad hoc Networks, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2021. (SCI, Impact Factor: 5.744, Q1).
- R. Jhaveri, P. Shah, N. Patel, D. Patel, S. Thanki, A. Bhoi, J. Bhatia, “An ICT-Based Solid Waste Management System for Smart Cities: A case of Municipality in India”, International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing, Inderscience, 2021. (SCIE, Impact Factor: 0.714).
- M. Nama, A. Nath, N. Bechra, J. Bhatia, S. Tanwar, M. Chaturvedi, B. Sadoun, “Machine Learning-based Traffic Scheduling Techniques for Intelligent Transportation System: Opportunities and Challenges ”, Wiley: International Journal of Communication Systems, 2021;e4814, April 2021, (SCI, Impact Factor: 1.319).
- S. Khatri, H. Vachhani, S. Shah, J. Bhatia, M. Chaturvedi, S. Tanwar, N. Kumar, “Machine learning models and techniques for VANET based traffic management: Implementation issues and challenges ”, Springer: Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, Vol. 14, September 2020, pp. 1778-1805 (SCI, Impact Factor: 2.793).
- J. Bhatia, P. Kakadia, M. Bhavsar and S. Tanwar, "SDN-enabled Network Coding Based Secure Data Dissemination in VANET Environment," in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2019.2956964. (SCI: I.F : 9.836).
- Jitendra Bhatia, Ridham Dave, Heta Bhayani, Sudeep Tanwar, Anand Nayyar, SDN-based real-time urban traffic analysis in VANET environment, Computer Communications, Volume 149, 2020, Pages 162-175, ISSN 0140-3664 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2019.10.011. (SCI: I.F: 2.816).
- Jitendra Bhatia, Yash Modi, Sudeep Tanwar, Madhuri Bhavsar., “Software Defined Vehicular Networks: A Comprehensive Review ”,International Journal of Communication Systems Early View, First Online:06 June 2019 (SCI, Impact Factor: 1.319).
- Jitendra Bhatia, Prakash Patel and Madhuri Bhavsar., “Effective Resource utilization using SDN Based Load Balancer for Minimizing Request Service Time ”, Far East Journal Of Electronics and Communications, (Scopus Impact Factor: 0.424) vol.3, pp. 755-766, 2016
- Jitendra Bhatia, Ruchi Mehta, and Madhuri Bhavsar., “Variants of Software Defined Network (SDN) Based Load Balancing in Cloud Computing: A Quick Review ”, Future Internet Technologies and Trends. Springer, LNICST Cham, (Scopus Impact Factor: 0.274) pp.164-173, 2017.
- Jitendra Bhatia, Saurabh Patni, Harshal Trivedi and Madhuri Bhavsar., “Infrastructure as Code(IAC) in Cloud Environment for Dynamic Auto Scaling”, International Journal of Computing and Applications, vol.16, pp.159-164, 2016.
- Jitendra Bhatia, Malaram Kumhar, and Madhuri Bhavsar., “Perspective Study on Load Balancing Paradigms in Cloud Computing”, International Journal of Computer Science & Communication, vol. 6, pp. 112-120, 2015.
- Jitendra Bhatia., “A Dynamic Model for Load Balancing in Cloud Infrastructure”, Nirma University Journal of Engineering and Technology, vol.4,pp. 15-19, 2015.
- Shah N.B., Shah N.D., Bhatia J., Trivedi H. (2019).,“Profiling-Based Effective Resource Utilization in Cloud Environment Using Divide and Conquer Method”, In: Fong S., Akashe S., Mahalle P. (eds) Information and Communication Technology for Competitive Strategies. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol 40. Springer, Singapore.
- Shivani Vasoya, Lata Gadhavi, Jitendra Bhatia, and Madhuri Bhavsar., “Resource Provisioning Strategies In Cloud: A Survey”, International Journal of Computer Science & Communication, vol.7, pp. 12-15, 2016 Conference Publications.
- J. Bhatia, M. S. Obaidat, T. Savasaiya, H. Trivedi, S. Tanwar, Kuei-Fang Hsiao,“SDN Based Network Traffic Routing in Vehicular Networks: A Scheme and Simulation Analysis”, 10ˆ
th International Conference on Simulation and Modeling Methodologies, Technologies and Applications (SIMULTECH-2020), Setubal, Portugal, 08-10 th July, 2020, pp. 1-8. (Indexed in IEEE-Xplore as well as in SCOPUS).
- K. Shah, M. S. Obaidat, P. Modi, J. Bhatia, S. Tanwar, B. Sadoun,“Amalgamation of Fog Computing and Software Defined Networking in Healthcare 4.0: The Challenges, and aWay Forward”, 17ˆth International Conference on e-Business and Telecommunications (ICETE-2020), Setubal, Portugal, 08-10 th July, 2020, pp. 1-8. (Indexed in IEEE-Xplore as well as in SCOPUS).
- K. Chauhan et al., "Automated Machine Learning: The New Wave of Machine Learning," 2020 2nd International Conference on Innovative Mechanisms for Industry Applications (ICIMIA), Bangalore, India, 2020, pp. 205-212, doi: 10.1109/ICIMIA48430.2020.9074859.
- Chauhan K., Patel H., Dave R., Bhatia J., Kumhar M. (2020) Advances in Single Image Super-Resolution: A Deep Learning Perspective. In: Singh P., Paw?owski W., Tanwar S., Kumar N., Rodrigues J., Obaidat M. (eds) Proceedings of First International Conference on Computing, Communications, and Cyber-Security (IC4S 2019). Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol 121. Springer, Singapore.
- Vachhani H. et al. (2020) Machine Learning Based Stock Market Analysis: A Short Survey. In: Raj J., Bashar A., Ramson S. (eds) Innovative Data Communication Technologies and Application. ICIDCA 2019. Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies, vol 46. Springer, Cham.
- A. Jaykrushna, P. Patel, H. Trivedi and J. Bhatia, “Linear Regression Assisted Prediction Based Load Balancer For Cloud Computing”, 2018 IEEE Punecon, Pune, India, 2018, pp. 1-3.
- J. Bhatia, R. Govani and M. Bhavsar, “Software Defined Networking: From Theory to Practice”, 2018 Fifth International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC), Solan Himachal Pradesh, India, 2018, pp. 789-794.
- Bhatia J, Patel T, Trivedi H, Majmudar V. HTV dynamic load balancing algorithm for virtual machine instances in cloud. InCloud and Services Computing (ISCOS), 2012 International Symposium on 2012 NIT Surathkal Dec 17 (pp. 15-20).
- Bhatia J, Patel A, Narmawala Z. Review on variants of network coding in wireless ad-hoc networks.InEngineering (NUiCONE), 2011 Nirma University International Conference on 2011 Dec 8 (pp. 1-6).IEEE.
- Patel P, Bhatia J. Review on variants of reliable and security aware peer to peer content distribution using network coding. InEngineering (NUiCONE), 2012 Nirma University International Conference on 2012 Dec 6 (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
Book Chapter Publications
Magazine Arcticles: OpenSourceForU1.
Y. Modi, M. Chauhan, J. Bhatia.“Blockchain-based Software-Defined Vehicular Networks for Intelligent Transportation System Beyond 5G”, Advances in Computing, Informatics, Networking and Cybersecurity- A Book Honoring Professor Mohammad S. Obaidats Significant Scientific Contributions Status: Under Production.
M. Kumhar, J. Bhatia,“Emerging Communication Technologies for 5G-Enabled Internet of Things Applications”, Blockchain for 5G-Enabled IoT, pages 133-158, 2021, Springer Nature.
K. Shah, M. Obaidat, P. Modi, J. Bhatia, S. Tanwar, B. Sadoun, “Data Processing and Analytics in FC for Healthcare 4.0”,Fog Computing for Healthcare 4.0 Environments, pages 131-154, 2020, Springer Cham.
A. Modi, S. Jani, K. Chauhan, J. Bhatia,Process Model for Fog Data Analytics for IoT Applications, Fog Data Analytics for IoT Applications, pages 175-198, 2020, Springer Singapore.
H. Vachhani, M. S. Obiadat, A. Thakkar, V. Shah, R. Sojitra, J. Bhatia, S. Tanwar, “Machine Learning Based Stock Market Analysis: A Short Survey”, Springer International Conference on Innovative Data Communication Technologies and Application (ICIDCA-2019), Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies, Springer, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India, 17-18 th October, 2019, vol 46, Pages 12-26 (Indexed in SCOPUS).
- Tracing Vehicular Mobility in NS3 [November 16, 2017]
- A primer on software defined networking (SDN) and OpenFlow standard [October 3, 2017]
- Apache Spark: The Ultimate Panacea for the Big Data Era [January ,2017]
- Testing Web Apps With Selenium [April ,2016]
- Configuring an SDN Controller in Open Source Mininet Emulator [January 15, 2016]
- Mininet: An Emulator for Prototyping Large Network Topologies on a Single Machine [October 1,2015]
- A Testing Video Transmission in Ns-2 Using the EvalVid Framework [August ,2015]
SPCE, Visnagar, Gujarat, INDIA
Lecturer, Computer Science & Engineering Department January 2005 - August 2006
Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, INDIA
-Lecturer, Computer Engineering Department
Institute of Diploma Studies August 2006 - November 2009
-Assistant Professor, Computer Science & Engineering Department
Institute of Technology November 2009 - October 2016
Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, INDIA
-Assistant Professor, Computer Engineering Department
October, 2016 - Presents
Training and Workshop
-FDP on UDAYAM
-FDP on IPR
-STTP on "Machine Learning, Data Science and Deep Learning with Python" during 10-21 June 2019 at GEC Gandhinagar
-Recent Trends in Computer and Information Technology through Video Conferencing based STTP
Duration: 2/4/18 to 12/4/18
Session Chair/Keynote Speaker
- Invited as Session Chair and Keynote Speaker at PiCET-2020 conference on 6th November 2020 at Parul University. India.
- Invited as Session Chair in International Conference on Computing, Communications and Cyber-Security (IC4S 2020), Springer Conference, 3-4 October 2020 at held at Krishna Engineering College, Ghaziabad, U.P. India.
- Invited as Session Chair in International Conference on Computing, Communications and Cyber-Security (IC4S 2019), Springer Conference, 12-13 October 2019 at Chandigarh, India.
- Webinar on "Algorithm Analysis: Mathematical Perspective" at Parul University Aug-2020.
- Webinar on "Next Generation Networking" at Parul University Aug-2020.
- Conducted one Full Day Worshop: Hands-On Software Defined Networking sponsored by Gujcost January 2020 at Charusat, Gujarat, India
- Webinar on "Software Defined Networking" at RNGPIT, Bardoli June-2020.
- Expert Lecture on Internet of Things at Parul University Under DST sponsored STTP 2019.
- Expert Lecture in NS2 workshop at VGEC 2017.
- Expert Lecture on Advancement in Computer Networks at Govt.Polytechnic Sector 28 2017.
- Delivered an Expert talk on ’Design of Macro Assembler’on 8th September 2016 at Faculty of Engineering Technology and Research Bardoli, Gujarat, India.
- Delivered an Expert talk on ’Programming in C++’ on 20th June 2016 at LD Engineering College,
Ahmedabad, Gujarat under One week STTP On Numerical Computation by Programming.
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering (2019)
Institute of Technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
M.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering(Year 2012)
Institute of Technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
B.E. Computer Engineering(Year 2004)
U.V. Patel College of Engineering, Mehsana, Gujarat INDIA.
Diploma In Computer Engineering (Year 2000)
GP, Gandhinagar Gujarat INDIA
Subjects taught at UG level
-Design and Analysis of Algorithms
-Database Management System
-Object Oriented Programming
Subjects taught at PG level
-Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
-Foundation of Algorithms
-Advance Computer Architecture
-Wireless Sensor Network
Taught Mobile Ad Hoc Network subject including practicals to M.Tech students
for Wireless Mobile Computing (WiMC)-Specialization running under GTU at
ISTE Life Time Membership LM-55856
1. Title: Pollution Aware Route Recommendation System
Funding Agency : GUJCOST Division of Department of Science and Technology (DST), Gujarat (under STI State Priority in IoT/AI scheme)
PI : Dr. Jitendra Bhatia; Co-PI : Dr. Vibha Patel
Amount : 16,50,000/- INR
Duration : Year of Submission 2019
CURRENT STATUS: Under Review
2. Title: Machine Learning Enabled Route Recommendation Based on AQI
Funding Agency : SSIP Local Unit (VGEC/SSIP/2019/Computer/PoC/12/806/12 Date : 25/07/2019)
SSIP Scheme, Gujarat
Mentor : Dr. Jitendra Bhatia / Dr. Uttam Chauhan
Amount : 5200/- INR
Duration : Year of Submission 2019
CURRENT STATUS: Completed