|Name of the department||Instrumentation & Control|
|Year of starting||1999|
|1st year of approval by council||F-700/41/gj/(1)/rc/94, 11|
|Year Wise Sanctioned Intake||60|
|Vision||To impart eminence technical education in the field of Process Instrumentation and Automation to meet the emerging technological needs of the industry and society.|
|Mission||1. To provide conceptual theoretical knowledge in the field of Process Instrumentation and Automation through effective teaching-learning process.|
2. Focusing the students to apply essential principles of engineering in industrial problems and to facilitate them by well equipped laboratories.
3. To offer a platform to adopt and implement innovative ideas and startups in the field of Instrumentation and Automation.
4. To enhance industry linkage for good placements and real-world exposure.
5. To prepare students in such a way that they can procure, design, implement, and validate the automation solution and products for any industry.
|Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)||1. Engineers should be able to apply knowledge to design and suggest modifications to existing Instrumentation and Control Systems in the benefit of human kind.|
2. Engineers should be able to work independently as well as in multidisciplinary team on any project/assignments.
3. Engineers should be able to contribute in research work to develop new technologies.
4. Engineers should have good leadership quality in order to guide their subordinates to finish assigned work in stipulated time line.
5. Engineers should update their technical knowledge to adopt for new technology development.
|Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)||1. IC Engineers should have sound knowledge of control systems and electronic circuits associated with.|
2. IC Engineers should be able to design and analyze electronic circuitry and automatic systems.
3. IC engineers should be able to suggest modification in existing process plant automation and improve the reliability and availability of plant instruments.
4. IC Engineers should be able to use and maintain various calibration and testing, measurement instruments.
5. IC Engineers should be able to connect various communication modules for process parameters related data transfer to remote terminals or over wireless network systems.
Department is having an Electronic and circuit design lab for Analog and
Digital Electronics hands on Experiments. Students use Electronic workbench,
bread board, and Circuit trainer board to perform the Experiments.
is having Automation and motion control lab where students can perform practical
on Allen-Bradley PLC Trainer panel,
SCADA trainer kit, Network Protocol Based Control System Trainer, Twin Rotor
MIMO Control System, and Magnetic Levitation Control System. The objective of
this lab is to familiarize in automation and different trainer kits.
is having Embedded system lab where students have different trainer kits like
microprocessor, microcontroller, PIC microcontroller, embedded trainer and AVR
trainer kit. Embedded Laboratory is a laboratory in which we provide tutorials
and projects from the field of Electronics.
and transducer lab where students develop their basic project models using
different sensors like Thermocouple/RTD/ Capacitive Level Sensors, CROs,
Function generators, power supply and instrumentation work bench. This gives
them hands on experience in designing and executing of circuits for real
is having well equipped computer lab which provides the tools and technologies
to students. High tech softwares like MATLAB, LabVIEW, Keil,
Multisim-ultiboard, Pspice-sofware, PicoSoft, RS Logic 5000, SciLab.
Department has a Process Control and Calibration Laboratory. The main focus of
the lab is to design and implement controllers for different processes and also
modeling of the process elements in such a way that the system provides an
optimum performance. Major equipments are like level trainer kit, pressure
trainer kit, flow trainer kit, Multifunction Process Calibrator, Power Signal
Analyzer, Multifunction Air Quality tester.
Department has a Biomedical and soft computing lab where students have
biomedical coverage like Bio Signal Amplifier, Defibrillator Demo, Digital
Blood Pressure Measurement, Respiration Simulator, EMG/ ECG/EEG Simulator,
Heart Rate Monitor, Phono-Cardiograph, Ultrasound Diathermy, Audiometer, External
Pacemaker, Demo X-Ray Machine, Bio-Telemetry System.lab also have the computer
facility for simulation.