|Name of the department||Electrical Engineering|
|Year of starting||1994|
|1st year of approval by council||1994 F-700/41/GJ/(1)/RC/94,11/7/1994|
|Year Wise Sanctioned Intake||120|
|Vision||To produce comprehensively trained, socially responsible and innovative electrical graduates to contribute to the society.|
|Mission||1. To develop well equipped laboratories and infrastructure for conducive learning.|
2. To produce competent and disciplined electrical engineers to serve the nation.
3. To help in building national capabilities for excellent energy management and to explore nonconventional energy sources.
4. To produce electrical engineers with an attitude to adapt themselves to changing technological environment.
5. To enhance entrepreneurship skills through startup.
|Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)||1. Develop and conduct appropriate electrical experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.|
2. Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies through innovation.
3. Work independently on a project or as a team leader.
4. Get an employment in various government and private sector Companies, pursue research and innovation.
|Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)||1. Use various electrical testing tools and equipments in industry, be an Entrepreneur, Enroll in post-graduate courses, Pursue Research and Innovation in the field of Electrical Engineering.|
2. Use knowledge of various electrical machines and electrical power system in solving complicated electrical circuits and networks by using latest design and simulation tools.
3. Use technical expertise and suggest modifications in existing electrical systems.