|Name of the department||Chemical Engineering|
|Course||BE & ME|
|Year of starting||1994 (BE)|
|Level||UG & PG|
|1st year of approval by council||1994 F-700/41/GJ/(1)/RC/94,11/7/1994 (BE)|
|Year Wise Sanctioned Intake||60 (BE)|
|Vision||To foster vibrant environment for creating professional chemical engineers with integrity and ethics.|
|Mission||1. To develop open access laboratories and infrastructure for conducive learning. |
2. To enhance the professional engineering skills along with entrepreneurship, innovativeness and management.
3. To strengthen linkages with industries, alumni and professional bodies.
4. To undertake industry collaborative projects and research.
5. To inculcate professional ethics and make socially responsible engineers.
|Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)||1. To prepare graduates who will be skilled in fundamental concepts of chemical engineering. |
2. To prepare graduates who will be capable of obtaining position in Industrial, Research, Government, Academic, Entrepreneur or other organizations, which use their technical knowledge and professional skills.
3. To prepare graduates who will have proficiency in execution of real time Chemical Engineering projects.
4. To prepare graduates who will contribute to the socio-economic environment of their communities.
|Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)||Curriculum of Chemical Engineering is designed to prepare graduates to attain the following program specific outcomes: |
1. An ability to grasp and apply chemical engineering fundamentals considering the impact of environment, safety, economics and sustainability.
2. An ability to design, synthesize, model, simulate, control and optimize chemical engineering processes.
3. An ability to comprehend new frontiers in chemical engineering, for addressing future challenges faced by society and industry.
4. An ability to develop soft-skills and leadership attitude to work on industrial and professional arena.