|Name of the department||Computer Engineering|
|Year of starting||2001|
|1st year of approval by council||2000 749-87-104(E)/RC/95, 19/6/01|
|Year Wise Sanctioned Intake||120|
|Vision||To create an environment for providing value based education in Computer Engineering through innovation, team work and ethical practices.|
|Mission||1. To produce computer engineering graduates according to the needs of industry, government, society and scientific community.|
2. To develop state of the art computing facilities and academic infrastructure.
3. To develop partnership with industries, government agencies and R & D organizations for knowledge sharing and overall development of faculties and students.
4. To solve industrial, governance and societal issues by applying computing techniques.
5. To create environment for research and entrepreneurship.
|Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)||1. Possess technical competence in solving real life problems related to Computing.|
2. Acquire good analysis, design, development, implementation and testing skills to formulate simple computing solutions to the business and societal needs.
3. Provide requisite skills to pursue entrepreneurship, higher studies, research and development and imbibe high degree of professionalism in the fields of computing.
4. Embrace life-long learning and remain continuously employable.
5. Work and excel in a highly competence supportive, multicultural and professional environment which abiding to the legal and ethical responsibilities.
|Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)||1. Sound knowledge of fundamentals of computer science and engineering including software and hardware.|
2. Analysis, design and testing of various software systems using sound software engineering principles.
3. Use various tools and technology supporting modern software frameworks for solving problems having large volume of data in the domain of data science and machine learning.