|Name of the Department||Mechanical Engineering|
|Year of starting||2008|
|1st year of approval by council||2008 749-87-104(E)/RC/95, 17/7/08|
|Year Wise Sanctioned Intake||60|
|Vision||To create an excellent environment for quality based education in the field of Mechanical Engineering for preparing socially responsible technocrats and entrepreneurs.|
|Mission||1. Impart quality education and enhance the creative and innovative skills to nurture globally acceptable mechanical engineer. |
2. Provide state-of-the-art laboratories and teaching-learning environment through qualified faculties.
3. Develop linkages with Industry for excellence in research and consultancy services.
4. Encourage life-long learning, ethical values and entrepreneurship culture for industrial and societal needs.
|Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)||1. Apply core subject knowledge to various challenging problems. |
2. Adopt technical skills and leadership capability to explore the problems and present the solutions with professional ethics.
3. Plan and manage the production of components as per needs of the society.
4. Utilize engineering software and experimental capabilities to pursue research, higher education and entrepreneurship.
|Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)||1. Graduates will be able to apply technical knowledge to identify, formulate and solve Mechanical Engineering problems relating to thermodynamics, fluid sciences, materials science, design and dynamics and industrial management.|
2. Graduates will utilize their skills to solve industrial and R&D problems using modern engineering tools, latest software and equipment for environment friendly solution.
3. Graduates will be able to pursue their career as professional entrepreneur.